Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A Sample Plan of My Goals for 2007!

Hello members; It's been a while since my last post. I really want to be consistent in my post, and I will am committed to posting at least once a month, but ideally it would be once a week. To make this more interesting I've decided to put myself on the line, and put one of my personal goals LIVE for everyone to see how I achieve it.

That means I will post my Goals, Plan, Obstacles, Tracking System, and Incantation for all private members to see me succeed by March 31, 2007. As a success coach I should be able to show an example for others to follow, and it should be a very excellent example indeed.

One of my TOP goals by March 31, 2007 is to get 14 new coaching clients. I currently have 9 clients that I manage, but I want to get 14 additional clients by my deadline.

Here is my obstacles below:

1. Conversion rate from appointment to coaching partner has significantly lowered from 49% in 2006 to 19.35% in 2007. This is the lowest it has ever been, and this is a serious obstacles, and I need to know WHY my conversion rate has significantly lowered, and then create an effective strategy to increase my conversion rate again.

2. Traffic in 2007 is lower than 2006. In 2006 I was targeting "Google Adwords" keywords which were bringing in new coaching clients each and every month. Due to legal reasons I am not able to target those same keywords. That means I have to discover new and effective keywords to target in order to bring in new leads.

3. Monthly E-mail campaign has lowered sales by 25% total. In November, and December my free coaching session SOLD OUT. In December alone I pulled in about $15,000 in coaching sales. Yet this month in January my E-mail campaign pulled in only 8 appointments, and no new coaching partnerships. Very dissapointing results.

4. Getting myself a new coach to work with me. In the past I have used different coaches to work with me. This month I have been looking at three different coaches, and one is totally SOLD OUT for the next three months. This is the guy I want to hire to work with me, but he is sold out, so I am puzzled as to what to do to hire him. He is the right coach because he is SOLD OUT at 20 clients, but I can't hire him, because he doesn't want 21 clients.

5. TIME to focus on solution. My current clients take about 12-14 hours a week to work with. I own and operate a recruitment company, and work in that business 1-2 hours a day, which means I work 5-10 hours a week there. That's a total of 17-24 hours a week already gone. I have to manage my time better. I have to wake up earlier, and manage my time better. That means doing my daily plan, weekly plan, monthly plan, and project plans consistently without excuse, so I can focus at least 20 hours a week overcoming the obstacles above.

6. Walking my talk, and being congruent as a coach. Even though I constantly aim to follow my own success-system I teach in "Personal Goals Planner for Success" I have been getting off track way too much lately, and I think this is one of the reason my conversion rate has dropped, because I am sending non-verbal communication that I am not being congruent with my own coaching system. I must get back on track, and stay on track. This is challenging, but absolutelly vital to my success, and the success of those I serve.

7. Another obstacle is to limit my going out to clubs. I have been going more often than the past to clubs, because I am single again. Yet this is an obstacle, because going out late can often being tired the next day. I must limit going out only on Friday or Saturday.

8. Making cold calls. The only cold calls I have been making is with my other business Net Nation - a recruitment company, but I need to commit to make 10 cold calls a day with my coaching practice - which includes either a follow-up call, or cold call.

9. Not enough time to give free appointment. If my conversion rate is now 19%, then I would need to give 70 free appointment to get 14 new clients. This is unlikely that I will have enough time to give that many free appointments to reach my goals. Yet I can't just dump the current system I have in place to replace it with a new one. I need to test a new approach without changing the current one. I need a A/B split test approach while maintaining the current system which has given me 19% conversion rate in 2007, and 49% in 2006. Even though conversion rate has dropped I still need to rely on the old system until I find a better approach.

That's it for now. I really believe if I overcome those obstacles above that I will easily reach my goal. So the first step to overcoming obstacles is to create what I call a tracking system JUST for that goal. I will create a tracking system for those obstacles above, and post it online tomorrow.

I hope this clarifies how to identify your own obstacles in your life. All you have to do is ask yourself, "What could prevent me from achieving my goal?"

To your success, Michael Bolduc

No comments: