Saturday, November 18, 2006

Today it's 10:45pm, and I didn't complete my plan...

What do you do when you don't have enough time to complete your entire plan? In my opinion you have to make a choice:

a. Procrastinate it to the next day.
b. Keep working until you're done.
c. Don't ever do the task at all.

Now, it's 10:45pm, and I am tired. I trained at the gym for over 5 hours today, and quite honestly there is nothing else I'd rather do then just go watch TV, and relax watching one of my favorite movies on my BIG screen television...

What would it cost me if I did that? Well, for starters I would not be writing this blog right now, because this was one of my tasks today. And secondly, some of you who subscribe to my blog would feel dissapointed. Instead what I am going to do is is complete today's plan, so I can focus on new tasks tomorrow, rather than having to focus on the same tasks tomorrow.

Yeah, I don't feel like it, but this is exactlty when you have to push yourself to do the things on your plan: WHEN YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE IT. Otherwise if you just do what you feel like doing you won't do anything productive.

I welcome your comments on today's post!
To your success, Michael Bolduc

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you asure you do not burn-out in this way? It is best to stick to your plan... I agree, when making progress is the most important thing to you.

But tomorrow you will not feel as fit as could be and consequently might not deliver an outstanding result. Being tired often leads to lack of being able to focus and often leads to more mistakes, consequently reducing the quality of your results.

Michael Bolduc said...

Great question! I appreciate you asking this question. The truth is that you will burn out if you don't make ENERGY a focus in your life. I believe that without energy you'll never be able to tap into your potential as a human being. I invest 2 hours a day in exercising, and I eat a healthy diet. I don't drink alcohol, I don't smoke, and I don't drink coffee, so I have a very healthy body and mind, so I am capable of daily MASSIVE ACTION.